Wild Mountain is dropping the rope on the rowdiest race on the prairie – The Mad Cow Banked Slalom!
What is this you ask? This second year happening will track a contoured course with banked turns - making it one sick and twisted event. This is a timed event and it’s open to skiers and snowboarders ages 6+.
What’s up for grabs? We are offering more than bragging rights boys and girls - we are throwing down $1000 in cold cash. The cash money will be split evenly between skiers and snowboarders.
The event goes down on Saturday, March 9. We’ll have both skier and snowboarder divisions. We won’t have age groups but we do have divisions for men and women in both skiing and snowboarding. We’ve got just 100 spots open in our this year and we did sell out in 2023 (eeek!) Registration is only $10 per racer (yeah, that’s cheap).
The event is a blend of traditional racing, big mountain riding and a hint of freestyle… and it all goes down March 9.
Oh, by the way... since this winter has been a real stinker... the course will be moved to Ego Alley (thanks Ma Nature!)
- Ages 6 +
- The event registration fee does not include a ticket.
- Participants must have a valid lift ticket or season pass.
- Number pickup 11:30am to 12:30pm
- Race begins at 1pm at the top of Ego Alley
- Each racer gets two runs
- Run order is based on signup cue (i.e. - if you are the 10th person to register, you are the 10th person to do your run)
- $1000 purse will be divided evenly between skiers and snowboarders / men & women
- No age divisions